Thank you very much for taking time to respond to my post! Please forgive me that I'm not a 100% genius with Linux, but I am trying.
The problem I'm having is that this website says there are RULES that one must follow. These rules are broken into steps. According to this website there are 5 steps that must be followed. As I outlined above, in my first post, I believe that I got through "step 1" successfully. As a matter of fact, I sent the "halt" command using ssh session to Mybook and it turned off automatically!
STEP 2, installing "Optware" seems very complicated and the instructions appear to diverge into 2 separate directions?!?!?! Specifically, I'm taking about the parts from "Setup" TO "Then it's all fun:" I'm real confused.
Maybe this list helps? This is what I would like to do with MyBook.
1. Access "WD MyBook World Edition" from any remote location. This includes allowing access for my friends too!
2. Will the data stored on my "WD MyBook World Edition" be secure or can it be hacked by somebody on Internet?
3. I want to host web pages and a website.
4. I would like to be able to upload/download different files: jpeg, gifs, MP3, avi, wmv, xls, doc, etc… etc…
5. Can I easily Drag & drop files and folders to "WD MyBook World Edition". Is this possible????
Thank you for your assistance. I look forward to your reply.