I've been scouring through the forums looking for any insights and I've had no luck finding a similar situation or fix to my current problem.
I recently got a MBWE II 2 Tb drive from a friend who wasn't happy with it. Here are some of the symptoms… hopefully someone has some insights for me.
1. A couple of the LED's on the front rings don't light (top, right and bottom out on outter ring and top and right on the inner ring) but I think that may be just a bad led issue they still move and light as they should but just as if the particular ones are dead.
2. I can connect the drive directly to the PC and get to it fine for transferring files, accessing the Shared Storage Manager, etc. (I've already copied all the files off of it with no problem and reformatted it)
3. I can not connect to the drive at all when I connect it to the router/switch and the drive does not appear on the active DHCP IP lease table from the router.
4. I can not power down the faulty drive as I should be able to by holding down the button on the front.
5. I have a second 2Tb MBWE drive that is currently connected the router/switch and is working fine. NO Problems what so ever. Settings through the shared storage manager are identical to the problem drive with the exception of renaming it to "mybookworld1"
If you need any other info please let me know and I'll get it up here for you.
Anyone have some thoughts or ideas on what I might be able to do? Ultimately I want this drive to be a dedicated FTP server to store some image archives on.
Thanks for any help!