first of all sorry about my english
i downloaded the rescue files and have this library on my linux fedora desktop
i connect 1 of my WD my book world HDD to the computer .
i need some help using the manual
1. "In this manual i refer to the disk as /dev/sda1" - how do i know what is my HDD number/letter?
2. the issue with the mac address ….do i need to do it or i can skip to part 3 (in part 4(a) i need to Restore the original MAC address saved in step 2(a)????)
3. my HDD is formated as fat 32 . do i need to partition it before this procedure?
4. "dd if=rescue.img of=/dev/sda" - i'm sure i need to use my HDD number instead of the sda?
5. "Create the first 3 system partitions" - sfdisk /dev/sda < SDA_PTAB : this is command will create the 3 system partition?
6. "Create the last partition at the end of the disk" - i really don't understand this section it says the i need to create the last partition but it dosent say how…
7. "Low Space rescue: You need about 4 GiB of free space for this rescue procedure, if you do not have enough follow the steps bellow" - i have lot's of space do i need to this command:
mount /dev/sda4 /mnt/sda4 -t ext3
mv rescue /mnt/sda4
so like you see i don't realy understand the manual and i'm dyeing to get my WD back to life
it willl be great is someone can help me out I'm lost
if there were some easy step by step…….
like i said:
i have WD my life world 1 TB with 2 HDD and both of the HDD is formated as fat32 and they are empty
please please please
i know it's a lot of work for someone to help me but you must understand my situation