Because transmission wasn't able to move a finished download to another location I wrote a script for it a long time ago…
It just boldly replaces the complete directory and then places a symbolic link in the original place.
This didn't seem to bother transmission…. (I recently added a pause / resume to make this more elegant)
Today I upgraded to transmission 1.70 on my worldbook and on my friend's DD-WRT-router (MIPS-processor)…
On my worldbook it now suddenly places a finished download in a "final" directory within the "work-directory" and thus rendering my script close to useless. This directory doesn't exist on the DD-WRT router.
I also couldn't find any references in the settings.json file to this moving of the finished torrent….
It's possible it will behave this way depending on the existence of a directory called "final", but that would be poor programming….
I just did a test after deleting the final-directory and it now behaves as it used to…..
All quite vague….