This is a warning to all of you who have MBWE, always remember to use the ac adapter that came with the unit.
I had been moving stuff back into my room after abit of decorating and plugged everything back.
A week later i noticed a burning smell but wasnt to sure where it was coming from, so I checked and couldnt find where.
So the next day i come to check my mybook and the 1st one didnt come on, the 2nd one powered on ok.
So i checked with a multimeter and there was no power coming from the ac, I sniffed the mybook and it smelt of burnt pcb.
I opened it up and had alook inside, pcb seemed ok so i then went to look at the hdd, that smelt abit funny aswell.
In my desperation to get my data off the hdd i plugged it into my pc, turned power on and the corner of the pcb went up in flames.
The hdd wasnt near the pc at the time since i moved the hdd away from the case before i powered it on, but it was at least a 3inch flame.
My PSU is ok thank god but the hdd is dead, im not sure if it was a faulty hdd motor or wrong power supply.
I might try to replace the pcb board and see if that does the trick, if it doesnt then its alot of data lost.
Always backup the backup, dont buy a raid my book but instead backup your hdd onto a 2nd one and store the 2nd hdd away.
Hopefully this doesnt happen to anyone else since all power connector ends look the same.