Hi all, new to the forum, new to MyBook World Edition II 2TB :)
I have managed to do the following (with no Linux Experience at all)
a) Install Feature Pack (http://highlevelbits.free.fr/)
b) Install Transmission from Feature Pack
c) Run Putty and install Nano
d) run the following codes with success in Putty:
/opt/bin/transmission-remote -t all -s (start all my torrents) /opt/bin/transmission-remote -t all -S (stop all my torrents)
I monitored the Webinterface for Transmission and it showed that the Torrents were Paused and Started accordingly to the codes above.
I would like to put these code sniplets into Cron for scheduling and have done the following:
1) Logged in as root using Putty
2) Typed the following code line
EDITOR=nano /opt/bin/crontab -e
3) I then edit the file that was opened with Nano to add these two lines:
02 02 * * * /opt/bin/transmission-remote -t all -s 58 11 * * * /opt/bin/transmission-remote -t all -S
Start all my torrents at 2.02AM and stop all my torrents at 11:58AM.
4) I then push "Ctrl+X" on my keyboard which then leads to Nano asking me if I want to "Safe Moddified Buffer" -> I push "Y" for yes.
5) Nano then shows me "File Name to Write: /tmp/crontab.XXXXJ3i6g1" at which point I just push Enter on my keyboard
6) I then get a line in Putty saying
/opt/bin/crontab: installing new crontab
7) I then open up my Webinterface for Transmission http://my-ip-address/9091 and load a torrent file into it. It starts downloading
8) At 11:58AM and past, the torrents are still downloading at full blast.
Where have I gone wrong? :(
many thanks for the kind consideration of my thread and any help that you can contribute.