I upgraded from Transmission 1.72 to 1.76 on my bluelight via Optware a couple weeks ago. It works perfectly right after starting up, but after a day or so it gets really sluggish and unresponsive. At that point, if I login and do a "transmission-remote -l", it sometimes takes a couple minutes to return the status, and it takes a similarly long time for web interface to load. At that point I'm pretty sure it has stopped downloading, and the program has crashed/hung up. I have it set up so that only one torrent is active at a time (the rest are stopped), so its not like I'm over-taxing the system.
Has anyone seen similar issues. I didn't have this problem with earlier versions. I now set up the box to stop and restart transmission daily. I might have to increase the frequency of stops and restarts.