Ok here are a couple of scripts that I threw together, the first is partially borrowed code from the internet, but hacked up to work like I wanted it. The second downloads search results and parses it into the magnets it gives.
Remember to make your searches specific enough to not grab dupes, find a trusted releaser or something and stick his name in the search terms. And look through the script and populate the top variables as needed.
The two scripts work together and should be put in as cron jobs. A sample of what they do is as follows.
1) Make sure transmission is running
2) Stop torrents that exceed a certain number *
3) Start torrents if the number running is too few *
4) Stop torrents that are finished
5) Remove Finished
NOTE) it will start torrents it finds in the RSS list first, then it will start paused torrents from newest to oldest. This is to ensure that new torrents take priority over paused torrents that could be huge and take a while (ex. whole seasons of shows)
1) it reads a file "search_terms" for terms that you want the results for (currently only on tpb)
2) creates a queue of magnet links that will be started later when checktransmission runs
NOTE) the formation for the search_terms file is as follows:
burn%20notice vampire%20diaries smallville fringe
The %20 is very important and should replace any spaces in the name, ill work to fix this later.
You can also edit the EXCLUDE variable in get_torrents to hide items with certain words (ex. rerip, repack, etc)
- Anything marked with a "*" is optional in the script