With all the improvements and additionals packages accessible by little hacks here and on others pages like that (http://chayden.dyndns.info,http://martin.hinner.info/mybook/) i wonder why not building and making accessible a complete precompiled version of the custom firmware with the ability to enable or disable features directly in the web interface (customized webif.php ?) by using scripts.
i imagine a MBWE custom firmware with this features accessible from webinterface :
- Mionet authoritative remover
- Cups (print server for USB port)
- NFS support and configuration (with external drive support too)
- HDparm simple control panel
- Wake On Lan support (if HW permit it)
- ftp (with some light conf setting)
- webserver with http directory listing (with folders setting)
- php (with some basic setting)
- some http generated sumup pages based on NCDU, top and others
- rtorrent Client
- Firefly server
- IRC Eggdrop or/ and psybnc
Some additionnal comand for ssh ease to use and dev env :
- mc (midnight Commander)
of course i dont imagine running all that packages in the same time but the possibility to easyly enabling / disabling them and checkin dependencies between them can be a good thing.
any volonteers ?
ps: sorry for the english