As a new owner of a My Book World 1TB (white light), I would have a few basic questions :
1. Where is the OS stored? In the Hard Drive itself or in a ROM?
If it is not stored in the HD :
2. Is it possible to format the HD? How?
3. Is it possible to partition the HD? How?
If it is stored in the HD :
4. Is it possible to at least get rid of the "Configuration", "Download", and "Public" folders?
5. Is it possible to map directly to the root of the drive and do actions on it? *
- Right now, if I try to map directly to \\192.168.0.x, it says Windows cannot access… I need to map to a dir, ie. \\192.168.0.x\Public
- Right now, I can't create a folder in the root, nor delete the 3 default folders…
Thanks for the help,