I am new on this site and new with MBWE, so I am sorry if some of you will consider my questions lame.
I Bought my White Light 2 weeks ago, and I would like to use the pyLoad as download manager (other option is to use download interface provided by WD but it is too slow and hard to get used to). I decided to give pyLoad a try, so I used instructions from here: http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/pyload, but as a completely new person to whole linux concept I run into several problems. Before listing them I would like to say what I have succeeded to do.
Packages, pyload, core.xml, plugin.xml, internal webserver database were successfully created, and I am able to start pyLoad, open web interface and login there…
Also I am able to add links into the queue…
So after saying what went well, it's time to explain the issues. I have 2:
1. "Download directory not found.", so actually I cannot start any download.
- I was trying to change the directory in both Core.xml and in config web interface of pyload but no success…
- Here is what I have in the core.xml / general section / download folder setting
<download_folder type="str" name="Download Folder">DataVolume/Public/pyLoad</download_folder>
Solved: Changed to a different folder… I guess permissions of Public were restricted which is why it didn't allow me to use it as download folder.
2. I am starting pyload somewhat different than in the instructions, so I am afraid this might also cause some problems:
- now I might do something wrong here but I didn't manage to run the pyload as described in the instructions.
/opt/bin/screen -dmS pyload /opt/bin/python /opt/pyload/pyLoadCore.py
- so this might mean I need to change something in the startup script as well… Oh and by the way how do you run startup script? is it automatically run when I try to open the web interface, or only upon boot, or there is some 3rd option…
Your help is highly appreciated, especially since www.pyload.org site seems to be dead for the last 3 days.
Thanks in advance