After a day of trying i have found:
- when i plug in my network WD MYB WE II can't find suitable drivers
- I can install drivers for WD MYB WE II when i pressed troubleshoot the problem (automatically)
- when the device is installed i can see it on my network as a network storage device but a double click will take me to admin log in page in my browser
- i can ping the device
- i cannot access or see its folders
- when i reboot or shutdown win7 hangs on shutdown screen (every time)
- i can only uninstall/remove the device in safe mode
- if i try to remove it in normal mode it just kills the removal process as if it was successful, but it isn't
- if i remove device in safe mode, win7 reboots and shuts down normally
- on my other windows 7 machine a can see WD normally
My question now is:
- do you know which service hangs or waits for other service (as this is the most reasonable explanation)?
- can this be a network driver problem?
- any other debug suggestions?