Back in Feb, I'd purchased a MBWE II that ran for a couple of months without disconnects on a Biostar mother board. I'd upgraded the system in early April to a P5N-D and suddenly I was no longer able to access my NAS. After being frustrated, angry and outright hating my MBWE I got fed up, and sent it back thinking the problem was with the NAS. Unfortunately, 2 MBWE's later and after asking at this site and probably 10 other sites I was no closer to an answer than I was before. Was it a problem with Windows 7? The firmware of the MBWE II? Maybe the problem was overheating, or bad HDD's in the MBWE's, or maybe it was a problem with my router dropping the connection and resetting the IP. Maybe it was the gigabit switch and collisions…I couldn't figure it out.
Until, I upgraded my nic. See, I was using a PCIe 10/100 in the older system. When I upgraded, I went to using the onboard Nvidia nic (supposedly gigabit) with the onboard Nvidia network controller. And that's where the problems started. I never thought of it. I just assumed it was a problem with the MBWE II, or the router or the gigabit switch. I never thought it was or could be the network interface. I purchased a new D-Link DGE-530T gigabit network card, disabled the on-board nic….and I'm back to using the MBWE II without a hitch. I'd turned the MBWE II off in May, and was going to sell it but turned it on last month to get the info off..and stayed connected not just for 10, 20, or 90 minutes. It stayed connected overnight, and the next week, and now 6 weeks later. No disconnect. No killall.
Hope this helps.
Just a quick throw in here. I've copied over 700 gigs in a single transfer. No problems.