I have tried approx 10 times to do the update firmware step to enable SSH on my MBWE (1TB) (Blue Rings) since approx 8pm last night (approx 20 hrs). I keep getting the message that the download failed and should try again later.
I am following the procedure outlined in the SSH-Enable article (http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/ssh-enable).
Before doing this, I successfully did the "get-in" test download as outlined at http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/mbwe-get-in-test
Here are the steps that occurred before I got the "download failed" message:
1. I pasted the link from the SSH-Enable article to a IE browser page. (Before pasting, I replaced the "mybook-ip-address" with the IP address of my MBWE on my network.)
2. observed a message at the bottom of my browser that it found the website
3. got a message "applying the new firmware"
4. got a message "new firmware available"
5 I clicked on the download button
6. got a message "applying firmware"……I observed some activity on the blue rings for approx 1 minute
7. got a message "firmware failed to download - try again later"
Your help is appreciated.