I'm a newbie in the NAS/Linux world and after only a couple of weeks of usage I managed to brick my MBL.
This morning ,while installing
- aptitude install libncurses-dev
- aptitude install patch
- aptitude install make
following this tutorial: http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/compiling-mybook-live-modules
I "accidentally" said yes to downgrade some modules…..I know I know, not the smartest thing on earth!
Since then I lost access to Mybook live:
- Trying with a web browser gives me this error no matter which port or directory I point to :
This webpage is not available The webpage at http://192.168.0.2/ might be temporarily down
or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): Unknown error
- SSH with terminal :ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.2 port 22: Connection refused
- sFTP gives me connection refused
- FTP gives me access to my user root folder, where I only have pyload directory. I cannot login with the root account, it gives me access denied.
Some extra data:
On MBL I installed the Feature pack (Webserver and AccessBook) and pyLoad
I already opened the MBL and connected the disk to my Mac via USB but obviously wasn't able to mount the disk…
I don't have any Linux distribution installed
I would prefer not, but I don't mind losing the data on the HD
I saw the tutorial on backing up the NAS after bricking it
Can someone help me restoring the NAS to its factory status?
thanks a lot