I have the same problem and i update the Twonky Media Server from Version 5.xx to 6.0.34.
Use this tutorial :
WD Customer Service/Staff has been AWFUL addressing this issue up until this point. All they simply need to do is supply a firmware upgrade with TwonkyMedia Server >= 6.0.30. I was planning to return my MyBook Live device, but I thought I would try to upgrade the TwonkyMedia Server on my own first. I successfully upgraded from 5.1.9 to 6.0.32 today using the following version:
I selected the PowerPC version since that's the machine hardware name that is returned when I run the uname command on my device:
MyBookLive:~# uname -a
Linux MyBookLive 18.104.22.168-svn21605 #1 Fri Oct 15 17:13:23 PDT 2010 ppc GNU/Linux
MyBookLive:~# uname -m
To get this up and running only really involved a few simple steps (assuming you are familiar with navigating Linux):
1. Download TwonkyMedia Server 6.0.34
2. Copy the downloaded package to the /root directory on your MyBook Live device (e.g., using scp)
3. Unzip the downloaded package in the /root directory
4. Create the following folder: /usr/local/twonkymedia-6.0.34 (NOTE: the original installed TwonkyMedia Server 5.1.9 is installed in /usr/local/twonkymedia-5)
5. Copy the following files and directories from /root to /usr/local/twonkymedia-6.0.34:
•twonkymedia.sh (you don't really need this)
6. Copy the following files from /usr/local/twonkymedia-5 to /usr/local/twonkymedia-6.0.34:
7. Copy the file /usr/local/sbin/share-param.sh to /usr/local/sbin/share-param.sh.orig to create a backup copy
8. *VERY IMPORTANT STEP* Edit the /usr/local/sbin/share-param.sh file and set twonky_dir=/usr/local/twonkymedia-6.0.34
9. Restart the TwonkyMedia Server: /etc/init.d/twonky restart
You should be able to verify that TwonkyMedia Server 6.0.34 is up and running at this point by pointing your browser to the TwonkyMedia Server config page (http://<your_ip>:9000/config) or by going to the MyBook Live UI and viewing the settings page for TwonkyMedia (Settings > Media > Twonky > Status). Either page should show the TwonkyMedia Server version as 6.0.34.
If you ever need to switch back to 5.1.9 for any reason (which I have no idea why you would want to), just edit the share-param.sh file and change the twoky_dir setting back to its original value (set in /usr/local/sbin/share-param.orig) and restart Twonky (/etc/init.d/twonky restart).
This version of TwonkyMedia Server requires a license after the 30-day trial period ends, but at least you have that amount of time to evaluate it. I downloaded this version because I had problems streaming MKV video files from my MyBook Live device to my Samsung LED TV. I verified that this version resolves that issue.
Hope this helps!
But this is only a 30 day trial so you have to purchase a serial from twonky.com
I buy me one for 6.0.32 and it still works with 6.0.34.
But if you make a Firmware update you have to make this steps again.
LG from Austria