I've followed the guides herein, and have ssh access, set up optware and successfully installed nano & vsftpd using ipkg. I've also happily killed off Mionet and set up my local shares. All without issues.
However, now I am trying to install rsyc, and have started running into mysterious problems. When I try to install it in ssh, I get the following error:
[root@TowerofTera /]# opt/bin/ipkg install rsync
Installing rsync (2.6.9-4) to /opt/…
BusyBox v1.2.2 (2007.03.26-11:07+0000) multi-call binary
Usage: wget [-c|continue] [-q|quiet] [-O|output-document file]
[header 'header: value'] [-Y|—proxy on/off] [-P DIR] url
wget retrieves files via HTTP or FTP
-c continue retrieval of aborted transfers
-q quiet mode - do not print
-P Set directory prefix to DIR
-O save to filename ('-' for stdout)
-Y use proxy ('on' or 'off')
/tmp/ipkg-intercept-1276-0: No space left on device
The drive is NOT full, but I suspect this is one of these things that is obvious to people who aren't linux noobs like me.
Other possibly relevant info: I was trying to move about 53GB in ssh from an internal share to an external share, and mid-copy I started getting "the device is full" type errors. I hit ^C, but I'm not sure if I should have gone looking for a temp file somewhere.
I'd be grateful for any help. The MBWE has actually started becoming quite a useful device as a result of the efforts of the people on this forum, and it would annoy me a lot if it went wrong now!
Yep - it would have been obvious to a better linux user.
I used df (which I'd never heard of) to check how much disk space I was using and had left on my linux partitions… which reminded me that there ARE linux partitions.
Then I used:
logsave /foo/listofallfiles.txt du -h
(more commands I'd never previously heard of) to list the disk usage of each file, recursively for directories and output to a text file.
Reading that, I was able to see that my copy that went wrong had gone to the root partition, which was of limited size, and not to the internal share directory.
So… I guess it WAS full. D'oh!
+1 to linux learning curve…