I am looking for help in order to make my Time Machine backup work again as I switched to Lion recently.
I discovered that Lion introduced some heavy difficulties for NAS.
Apparently, this has been fully corrected for MBW White Edition with a complete tutorial on this site (netatalk2-2-on-whitelight).
But it seems that MBW Blue Ring has no clear answer, here or on the web either.
This is where I am standing at the moment and what I have done :
- I discovered that there is a new dedicated channel for MBW BR in optware - ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/mbwe-bluering/cross/unstable
- I updated and upgraded my packages
- I now have netatalk_2.2.0-2_arm.ipk but everything broken
So far, what I have is to connect as guest and access some shared directories.
But my shared directory for Time Machine is never recognize and never appears in Finder (whereas the other directories - with files and folders - do)
Issues are :
- TM directory does not appear
- Impossible to do authenticated connection as before (log shows attempts, but no success)
- Manage to have a correct CNID scheme (dbd) working - tdb seems to work at least. With dbd, the log show that afpd cannot connect to localhost, even whith cnid_metad running (apparently a problem from libdb, from what I read on the net)
So what I need to do is :
- Make the authentified access work again - I tried many uams_* configs in AppleVolumes.default but nothing is working
- Access my TM directory
Could you help me please have the right configuration for netatalk ?
As mentioned I have a MBW Blue Ring edition.
Thanks in advance for your help. I am quite sure I am not the only one with this problem; I just hope some of you have the answer.