I'm using my MyBook for what it was built for - as a network storage
But what I'm thinking all the time is: Are my data on the MyBook safe?
I'm running MBWEII in raid 1 mode.
Some questions to the community:
- What will happen if one drive in the MBWEII dies? (used in Raid 1 mode)
- I know, the manual describes how to change a single drive. Has someone done this till yet? What kind of drive did he/she use? Has somebody tried to use other disks (not from WD), perhaps Seagate, Samsung, … or other sizes than the original ones (e.g. 1 TB instead of 500 GB)
- What will happen if both drives in the MBWEII die? (used in Raid 1 mode)
- Ok, then all data are lost. You're lucky if you have an actual backup :-)
- The question is, how to get the MBWEII running again? I think WD should have a solution for that. What do you think?
Any suggestions are welcome.
MBWE II (blue rings), 2x 1TB WD10EARS in Raid 1 mode
Hacks: SSH, optware, spindown
Applications: dokuwiki, nightly backup script