- I have setup all of my computers to have a share called "U:"
- Each computer keeps an offline folder also (Not for all folders, just quick information in case my drive is offline or traveling)
- I setup rsync on my MBWE per the following instructions: [http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/turning-it-into-a-rsync-server]
- After configuring an external drive to use a Linux filesystem, I plugged it into the USB port of the MBWE
- After telneting into the MBWE, I ran the following command to make a backup of MBWE (This was designed to copy all of my files from the MBWE to the USB drive):
rsync –arvuzP /shares/internal/DATA /shares/external/WD-5000AAJB-Externa/Partition-1
- After beginning the job, I realized that I had just told my drive to archive and COMPRESS 100150 files (Music, Video's, Data Files, Pictures….)
- 48 hours later, I am just about 10% of the way through the backup
- If I close my telnet window, would I be able to come back in and find out the present status of the rsync job?
- Is there a way to pause the rsync job?
- If the power goes out during an rsync backup, will rsync resume?
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I am very excited that I will soon have a full backup solution for my home network!!