I have a more less working MyBook in ssh following Martin Hinner tutorial. I have also installed vsftpd. The problem is that not all the different connection methods I have tried give me the same result. My Internet provider gives me a dynamic IP, so I am using DynDNS to keep in touch outside my local web. My router is a Linksys WRT54G.
1. WinSCP gives me full access to all MyBook contents (either SFTP, SCP and plain FTP). I can move around and get files and upload them. I can also open and edit them alright. This works great. I have also made a dyndns connection that work just fine from every where I have tried.
2. FTP by vsftpd is serving files well, even through Internet Explorer and from every where I have tried through DynDNS.
3. Windows Vista mapped driver by MioNet (DFS). I can see the directories but not their contents with the exemption of "Nuevo directorio"
4. Windows Vista mapped driver like "\\WDMB\PUBLIC" I can see the directories but not their contents.
5. I can only see directories COATEPEC, DF and PUBLIC in the MioNet administration web page. I know I should get rid of MioNet but I am not confident enough yet…
This is the contents of my "internal" directory
[root@WDMB internal]# ls -l
drwxr-xr-x 14 root root 4096 May 20 00:42 COATEPEC
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Apr 16 15:34 DF
drwxr-xr-x 2 mig mig 4096 May 21 00:40 Nuevo directorio
drwxrwxrwx 6 root root 4096 May 20 00:39 PUBLIC
drwx------ 2 root root 16384 Mar 27 2007 lost+found
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 20 11:03 prueba
Somebody can give me any clue as what is happening here and better yet how to fix it? By the way, I know almost nothing of Linux, but am reading as much as I can!!!!