First off, apologies is this has been covered before but I wasn't sure what to search for to get the information I need!
I'm trying to configure my MBWE for access via SMB and SSH only. Here's what I've done so far:
1) Created a new user called "USER" through the standard Web interface.
2) Created a new share called "DATA" through the standard Web interface.
3) Assigned read/write privileges to USER for share DATA
4) Enabled SSH login (using Martin Hinner's method)
5) Added sshd to /etc/inittab to enable autostart
6) Created a new user for SSH/SCP login called "sshuser" using the adduser command
7) Added sshuser to www-data group by editing /etc/group
8) Set up Optware, disabled mionet by renaming /etc/init.d/mionet.sh
9) Changed permissions on /shares/internal/DATA to allow group read/write privileges
10) Rebooted MBWE
Accessing the share DATA over SMB works perfectly, using the USER account.
BUT if I ssh in as sshuser I can't cd into /shares/internal/DATA ! I get:
-sh: cd: /shares/internal/DATA/: Permission denied
ls -al gives:
drwsrwS—- 2 www-data www-data 4096 Jun 3 19:27 DATA
Is there something I've missed?