I have been trying to figure out how to build transmission while using all the dependancies from optware.
I ran in to some trouble with pkgconfig and openssl which did not include openssl.pc. I spent ages but finally figured it all out by a bit of trial and error. For the sake of keeping record for myself I will try to outline the procedure below.
1. Install dependancies for transmission via optware (I may have forgotten some):
# ipkg install openssl openssl-dev libcurl libcurl-dev libiconv gettext pkgconfig
At this stage you should probably run ldconfig so that all those libraries are found. I am of course assuming that you have added the correct paths to ld.so.conf and that /opt/bin and /opt/sbin are in your PATH.
2. Get and extract your transmission tarball (in my case v1.20):
# wget http://download.m0k.org/transmission/files/transmission-1.20.tar.bz2 # tar jxvf transmission-1.20.tar.bz2 # cd transmission-1.20
3. Set the path to the optware pkgconfig:
# export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/lib/pkgconfig
You will also need to comment out a line in /opt/lib/pkgconfig/libcurl.pc
Change line 33 from
4. You will need to set two environment variables (OPENSSL_CFLAGS and OPENSSSL_LIBS) when configuring transmission. Also make sure you disable gtk
# ./configure --disable-gtk OPENSSL_CFLAGS="-Iopt/include/openssl -L/opt/lib" OPENSSL_LIBS="-lssl -lcrypto"
5. If all goes well the configure script should find all the necessary libraries and you can now make.
# make && make install
6. Follow the steps here (http://kyyhkynen.net/stuff/mybook/torrent_clutch.php) to install clutch.
Please let me know if I have missed anything and this process doesn't work for you.