I upgraded to a new NAS and might want to sell/give away my MBWE II white lights. But I want to zero out the drives first. Here's my plan—will it work?
1. Restore to factory settings (This will delete my files and should leave the firmware partitions intact, but I'm guessing that it will not zero out the data partitions.)
2. Remove one of the drives and use my PC to write all zeros using disk wiping software
3. Put the zeroed drive back in the MBWE and have it formatted and rebuilt to match the other newly reset disk
4. Remove the other drive and zero it using my PC
5. Put the second drive back in the MBWE and have it formatted and rebuilt
Will this work? Any issues I'm missing?