following problem occured:
- i hacked my mbwe2 1TB which is running in RAID1
- i gained ssh access
- i fooled around a bit - damn i should first have learned unix
- now the /etc/passwd is with root commented out "#root bla bla bla"
here is what's up now:
- smb access doesn't work any more
- ssh and sftp access still works
- web-interface works but i can't create new users / delete users
- i cannot upgrade the firmware - the interface says "It appears that one of your drives is faulty or in an inconsistent state. Please make sure your drives are OK before retrying."
- the data is still available over sftp
- i can login via ssh but cannot "su"
- so i cannot edit /etc/passwd
what can i do? hardware reset over the reset button didn't work - it reset the admin but nothing else changed…
i can live with loosing the data cuz i got it a second time on a usb hdd, so please give me a hint what to do - i just want to get back delivery state of the mbwe2
- found that the powerup button does not work any more
- mounts are:
/dev/root on / type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=ordered) proc on /proc type proc (rw) devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw) sys on /sys type sysfs (rw) /dev/md3 on /var type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=ordered) /dev/md4 on /shares/internal type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=ordered) usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)